Tuesday, April 9, 2013

We Can Be Friends Again, Snow!

     So how many of you have a snow day today??  I must say, it's pretty exciting when Jeffco actually decides to cancel school!  I usually hate the snow and was on a very strict friendship time out with it, but I think it has made up for its actions.  See, every time I have something going on, it just has to snow and when I say snow, I mean snow hard.  To start, I use to not be allowed to drive in snow, but luckily that has changed, so that isn't an issue anymore.
     The real problem I have with snow is that it makes many activities impossible.  I have a friend who lives about two hours away in Brush, Colorado (if you know where that is).  Well I was headed up to see his school play one night, but guess what, it was snowing.  It was already snowing hard down here in Denver, so just imagine how bad it was up near Nebraska.  My dad and I ended up having to turn around about 20 miles from Brush due to weather conditions.  You literally could not see anything (apparently they don't believe in street lamps up there for starters) and at the rate we were traveling, it would take another two-ish hours to reach Brush.  I have never been so terrified to be out driving than I was that night.  Snow has always gotten in the way of going up there or having my friend come down here and many other activities even down in Denver. It ruins many concerts because of bad road conditions late at night, it caused many people to not show up to opening night of our school musical and those who came were sorta grumpy, ect.  But the snow has made up for its actions today by giving us a well needed snow day!
     Last point I will make here is that I find it quite humorous that Jeffco will give us a snow day on a day like today (if you live in Denver you understand.  The roads seem fine, it is only snowing lightly now, and there is barely any snow.  They also canceled it way before even knowing if it really would snow), yet they make us come to school in a blizzard.  Trust me, though, I am not complaining! I am so happy to have a snow day today! I just find it kinda ironic/funny.  Have a wonderful day off everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment